Sunday, April 18, 2010

My business Facebook page and the first two weeks in our new place

Its been a hectic two weeks

We didn't have internet for 5-6 months and so you can imagine the catching up I have to do and the boys also!! One computer and a bunch of surfing withdrawals makes for a definite list on the wall. Saves any argument so they say.

I let the boys do catching up while I unpacked and made my little office corner and work space. I usually end up sprawled out across the house lol. The boys are patient about my phobia though. Got the cats, guinea pig, and hamsters settled in and I, of course, am never settled. Too much to do!!

My Facebook, I decide, needs to be separated from my business Facebook. I don't want to have a Fan page, admittedly, I'm not sure if that actually separates the two. So I do two. I then over connect myself and am posting everywhere twice oh no. Fixed that real quick because I don't want to inundate all my friends. I do consider connections on both pages my friends. Then I followed some blogs because I AM going to succeed at this even if it's in my last breath!! I have come along way in the 1.5 years though. Only wish I could have learned a lot quicker.

I am a single mother, though, and we have had some struggles that have hindered me from accomplishing what I have wanted to. I, like everyone else, has to accept that we are not miracle workers. I do envy people that have a good support system. My boys will benefit from my loss for sure. Our new place has brightened our lives immensely and I know this is just the beginning.

As I sit here writing, I realize that my commitment to help others, even though we have next to nothing, and always be there for my boys, is my peace. It has been a difficult 3 years for us and we, by the grace of God and a few good people, have gotten through it. I have stepped back, taken a breath, and am more determined than ever to make our lives better.

It is the silliest thing, but at times, it has been some of the people that we have conversed with on the internet that have given us our motivation. I have met some very helpful people and can never say enough about Bonanzle. I am sending wishes to two people in need, that I met on a site called Wish Upon A Hero, where I joined and posted my own wish. For those reading, give it a try and see whose wish you can fulfill. Some just want cards sent, or need diapers, or are wishing for a friend. It is the greatest idea I have ever seen.

Today, I am concentrating on promoting my products, improving my internet skills lol, and pushing forward with life. I start school in August to finish what I started many years ago and will complete now.


So, I'm off to do some more work. Till next time sending you and yours strength and happiness

Melanie Ambs

No comments:

Post a Comment